Saturday, May 16, 2009

Backpacking Breakfast

This weekend I went backpacking in the Paddy Creek Wilderness with 2 friends. It was so nice to finally go. This was the third weekend I've tried but thunderstorms and more have interfered. Well Friday night we rode out a storm in the car and finally set up camp late. Woke up on Saturday morning, everything was wet and dreary. What better to get you ready for a day of hiking than a cup of coffee. We made breakfast and I whipped up coffee in my Jetboil (fun, because it was the first time I got to use it). As we were packing up the car, I set the cup of coffee on the trunk of my car and it slip off and spilled on the ground. Luckily I had already drank most of it. However somehow I still managed to get it all over me and my car. I don't even know how I got it on my back? Much thanks to Jen for sending me the photos.





Coffee: Some kind of coffee packets I bought from Target. They worked really well for camping.
P.S. After ridingout the storm, the rest of the weekend was beautiful!

2 comments:

Winnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

yey!